A Glimpse from ED643 Fall 2010

ED644 SYLLABUS

ED644 CALENDAR OF EVENTS

BLOG INSTRUCTIONS

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Third Day...


Teaching should be full of ideas instead of stuffed with facts. ~Author Unknown



The session began around 15 minutes late, transportation issues. I received a call from my parent, saying they are going to be late; she is stuck in traffic and still needs to pick up her daughter from school. When my student arrived I made him choose a book that he would like to read, afterwards, I asked him to read it out loud, as I was going to take a Running Record with him, to see his reading rate, etc... He chose the book The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room by Stan & Jan Berenstain. After letting him read about 50-90 words of the book, the first two pages, I continued to read the book out loud doing Shared Reading with him, reading along side. When we finished the book, that is when we started our narrative story, from the QRI-5 “Mouse in a House.” We continued with the QRI-5, until the time was up for our session. I'm thinking, that the QRI-5 is going to take up most of my time during our future sessions and I may need to meet with my student more often than originally planned. I will conference with the parent after our next session.

Quote taken from: http://www.quotegarden.com/teachers.html

Picture taken from: http://icenvtech.wordpress.com/category/new-books/

1 comment:

  1. Joe,

    Despite the time glitch, I'm glad that you were able to get your session started. If more data is needed, you will indeed have to hold additional sessions. Good luck, and keep me posted.

    Best regards,
    Dr. Rivera

    ReplyDelete